The SOCIA project undertaken at the end of 2017 is co-funded by Erasmus Programme of the European Union.
The main objective of the project is to be the first European, fully online management training programme focusing exclusively on social innovation.
Concrete project objectives
- Develop the social innovation skills and competence framework, based on research involving both successful and aspiring social innovators;
- Analyse the current social innovation professional training supply and compare it with user learning preferences, identifying gaps;
- Develop and test the Academy’ content and learning environment concept;
- Draw broader recommendations for various stakeholder groups relevant for social innovation VET (aspiring innovators themselves, trainers/experts, intermediaries, policy makers and impact investors);
- Build a community of stakeholders around the Academy concept to ensure wide engagement and sustainability beyond the project duration.
Why Social Innovation Academy?
Social Innovation has been increasingly perceived as the answer to the rising number of European societal challenges. While the European authorities, leading academics, policy experts, business people and activists agree that social innovation is the key to better future for Europe and the world, it is extremely difficult for professionals to obtain high quality training on what social innovation actually offers and, more importantly, how it can be done in practice. The project aims to change this situation in Europe and beyond.
Who is part of SOCIA?
SOCIA brings together five experienced partners from Luxembourg, Greece, Poland, Slovenia and Spain to develop and test the Social Innovation Academy concept.
On the other hand, the Social Innovation Academy will target the managers of companies, NGOs/civil society organisations and intermediaries (hubs, incubators, labs etc.) as well as (aspiring) social entrepreneurs willing to learn how to set up and run social innovation initiatives to solve the most pressing societal challenges of our times.
How to participate
SOCIA currently building a Social Innovation Academy ‘friends’ community and if you want to be part of it, please check the section “Would you like to collaborate?” on the official SOCIA website.
If you would like to know who are currently part of SOCIA, please see the friends of Social Innovation Academy: http://www.socialinnovationacademy.eu/?page_id=222