The Students4Change project, funded by the European Commission’s Erasmus Plus programme within its action 2 to strengthen higher education, aims to implement educational models in order to promote entrepreneurship and social innovation in the academia.
Students4Change is expected to reach this goal by developing a two-step approach, which includes:
- A set of online seminars, starting on May 2nd and ending on June 20th, and,
- A face-to-face training course which will be held in July in the Brazilian city of Porto Alegre.
The training program will start with the opening of the online courses, in which around professors from Latin American universities will deepen their knowledge on social and entrepreneurial innovation techniques and tools. At the same time, they will have the opportunity to share and exchange ideas and real experiences in this field.
The online courses will be run over 8 sessions through the web platform of the Studens4Change project. Over these sessions some aspects such as the shown below will be addressed:
- Social innovation and social entrepreneurship as part of higher education
- Social innovation and social entrepreneurship. Building the future of universities
- The existing tools to involve the community in social innovation and entrepreneurship
- The importance of the impact assessment for social innovation initiatives and projects
Theoretical documents describing the contents covered as well as other resources, such as videos, publications and websites, will be available in each of the 90-minute sessions.
The University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) plays a central role in the organization of the Students4Change training programme and, in particular, in the design and evaluation of two webinars that will be held on 23 and 30 May.
For more information about the Students4Change project, visit the website Students4Change