BOOSTING THE IMPACT OF SOCIAL INNOVATION IN EUROPE THROUGH ECONOMIC UNDERPINNINGS with the aim of understanding the economic dimensions of social innovation, creating new concepts, models and tools for policymakers, innovators, investors and intermediaries. The project, funded by the European Union’s 7th Framework Programme, is being carried out by a consortium of 11 partners and being overseen by Westphalia University.
The aim of the project is to «Boost the impact of Social Innovation through economic underpinnings» and it consists of nine work packages, of which SINNERGIAK Social Innovation UPV/EHU will participate in 4; the strengthening of the concepts of Social Innovation (WP4), the economic measurement of Social Innovation (WP5), strategic communication and dissemination (WP8) and project management.
The multidisciplinary theoretical and methodological approach of SIMPACT increases knowledge and advances the state of the art through:
• The creation of a theoretical model of the economic dimensions of social innovation throughout its life cycle.
• The generation of new empirical knowledge regarding the economic dimensions through a rich analysis that is theoretically informed by successful and less-than-successful cases.
• The analysis of the drivers and barriers that determine the economic impact of social innovations and the mechanisms for their escalation and dissemination.
• The development of indicators to measure social innovations and measurement methods to assess the social and economic impact.
• Improvements to the way public policies, instruments and guidelines are produced.
• The generation of foresight knowledge through agent-based modelling and developing hypotheses.
• Westphalian University, Institute for Work & Technology, DE (co-ordinator)
• Technical University Dortmund, Centre for Social Research, DE
• Euskampus Fundaziona, Sinnergiak Social Innovation Centre, ES
• University of Economics and Management Prague, Centre for Innovation Studies, CZ
• TNO – Netherlands Organisation of Applied Scientific Research, NL
• University Maastricht, Maastricht Economic & Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology, NL
• Politecnico di Milano, Department of Design, IT
• Association Neoma Business School, FR
• University of Bath, UK
• Centre for European Policy Studies, BE
• Nordregio, Nordic Centre for Spatial Development, SE