CREATIVE SKILLS AND SOCIAL INNOVATION is a project that is funded by the Department of Innovation, Rural Development and Tourism of the Regional Government of Gipuzkoa and which makes it possible to evaluate the state of innovation in some of the subsectors of the Creative and Cultural Industries in Gipuzkoa. 5 of the top subsectors from the cultural and creative industries were selected (fashion-oriented design, museums, videogames, service companies and music), with six selection criteria being established for them: diversity, sufficient level of implementation, presence of technology, current and future prospects, levels of visibility and presence in the public and private spheres.
GIPUZKOA CREATIVA is a pilot scheme for the development of creative skills in Gipuzkoa’s cultural and creative industries based on the mapping of skills (research) and the development of competency-based training centres, in addition to its dissemination for the activation of public-private agents around the scheme.
1- To increase knowledge of the current and emerging learning requirements of the cultural and creative industries in Gipuzkoa
2- To develop the spaces and training opportunities for learning and the generation of knowledge and ideas for the cultural and creative industries
3- To improve the employability of the young unemployed from the Gipuzkoa region in the highly competitive cultural and creative industries by launching pilot schemes for new learning spaces
4- To increase the cooperation and networking capabilities of the agents of the cultural and creative industries in the Gipuzkoa region through interactive ICT learning tools
5- To help to improve future learning and training policies and programmes aimed at the cultural and creative industries by highlighting the results of the project and increasing the visibility of the activities performed in the Gipuzkoa region and across Europe
GIPUZKOA CREATIVA is organised into three stages:
• During the first stage, the state of the cultural and creative industries in Gipuzkoa is mapped
• The second stage consists of studying the sector’s capacities and skills and analysing the state of innovation in the cultural and creative industries and their future strategies
• In the third and final stage, the results of the study are presented to the participants in the project through special workshops designed to investigate future possible scenarios and establish what action must be taken in the short, medium and long terms.
• The creation of a qualitative map of creative skills (current and future) that have emerged from the study on skills performed with a selection of companies from the creative and cultural industries in Gipuzkoa.
• Training modules on creative skills after creating a creative community from companies and young people in the Historical Territory of Gipuzkoa.
• The construction of a creative space shared by young people and companies, to invigorate the sector and its social capital
• Experience of a participatory evaluation of the project and its impact on society.